SSD120-30NRS232, Model SSD120 Trans-Cal Encoder, Solid state, 30K, With RS232 output
The world’s smallest and also lightest altitude encoder.
There are two versions of this model:
- Standard Version SSD120-30N-RS232
- Version SSD120-30N-RS232-MOD1 for NARCO AT-5A, 6A, 50, 50A Transponders. The Narco AT-5A, AT-6A, AT-50* or AT-50A transponder will not accept data from the SSD120-(XX)N-RS232 Altitude Digitizer. A recent modification to remove the output decoupling capacitors is required and also this version includes that modification.
- Featuring the best warranty in the business: 42-month manufacturer direct replacement. If your Trans-Cal encoder experiences a warranty-covered failure, also it’ll be replaced with a brand new unit with a new 42-month warranty.
- Average MTBF: 9.7+ years. That’s right, Trans-Cal encoders are among the most reliable in the market, commonly providing reliable service for over 10 years.
- Pin for pin replacement for most other manufacturers’ encoders.
- Also, Optional: Available with adapter plates that will allow the installer to mount the unit in another manufacturer’s mounting tray.
- Operating temperature: -20ºc to +70ºc
- Operating altitude: -1000′ to +30,000′(available in altitudes from 30,000′ up to 100,000′)
- Accuracy: 50′ from -1000′ to +30,000’
- Also, Weight: 5.9oz.
- Will operate on either 14 or 28 VCD at 0.270 Amps.
- No warm-up time: +20ºc to +70ºc, -20ºc to +20ºc, 30 seconds
- *The Narco AT-50 and earlier transponder models require a modification before that will function correctly with an altitude encoder. Also, This modification is in Narco Service Bulletin AT-50A-5.