SSD120-30N, Model SSD120 Trans-Cal Encoder, Solid state, 30K
The world’s smallest and also lightest altitude encoder.
There are two versions of this model:
- Standard Version SSD120-30N
- Version SSD120-30N-MOD1 for NARCO AT-5A, 6A, 50, 50A Transponders. The Narco AT-5A, AT-6A, AT-50* or AT-50A transponder will not accept data from the SSD120-(XX)N() Altitude Digitizer. A recent modification to remove the output decoupling capacitors is required and this version includes that modification.
- The best warranty in the business: 42-month manufacturer direct replacement. If your Trans-Cal encoder experiences a warranty-covered failure, it’ll be replaced with a brand new unit also with a new 42-month warranty.
- Average MTBF: 9.7+ years. That’s right, Trans-Cal encoders are among the most reliable on the market, and also commonly providing reliable service for over 10 years.
- Also, Pin for pin replacement for most other manufacturers’ encoders.
- Comes with Mating Connectors, Cable Clamps, and also Mounting Bracket.
- Optional: Available with two independent RS232 serial data ports selectable message protocols for most popular avionics interfaces. Programmable for 100’ and also 10’ resolutions. See Part# 11-06983
- Lastly, Optional: Available with adapter plates that will allow the installer to mount the unit in another manufacturer’s mounting tray.
- Size: 2.5″W x 3.42″H x 1.38″L.
- Operating temperature: -20ºc to +70ºc
- Operating altitude: -1000′ to +30,000′(Available in altitudes from 30,000’ up to 100,000’)
- Accuracy: +50′ from -1000′ to +30,000’
- Weight: 5.9 oz.
- Will operate on either 14 or 28 VCD at 0.270 Amps.
- No Warm-up time: +20ºc to +70ºc -20ºc to +20ºc 30 seconds
- *The Narco AT-50 and earlier transponder models require a modification before that will function correctly with an altitude encoder. Also, This modification is outlined in Narco Service Bulletin AT-50A-5.